8.04.2010

Overnight Oats

I have been following a couple of "Healthy Living" blogs and two of them I read most often, the authors are always boasting about something called "Overnight Oats" so I researched further after I had a jar of Raw Almond Butter that was almost empty and made something that was quite delicious, easy, and will  definitely make it into my breakfast rotation.

Overnight Oats: (Danielle's version)
  • 1/2 cup steel cut oats
  • 1/2 cup nonfat milk (any kind will do; soy, cow, almond, etc)
  • handful of chopped almonds
  • Squeeze of Honey
Combine in an almost empty jar of almond butter and shake. Let sit in fridge overnight. In the Morning, open up and add nuts, seeds, honey, etc and enjoy. Can be eaten warm or cold. NO COOKING!!!! (I love to cook, but not in the morning)


I didn't take a picture because they really aren't that pretty - especially when eating them right out of the messy almond butter jar, however here is a picture of my favorite brand of almond butter.




Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment