10.29.2010

Friday Harbor

Every year, Shawn and I make a trip up to Friday Harbor for dinner with one of his customers - the first year I went we went to Duck Soup, an amazing restaurant, very eclectic, cozy, and delicious. The restaurant is in an old house, and it feels like you are eating in their dining room. I love restaurants that don't have all matching table cloths and flowers - I just find them more comforting and memorable. The woman that runs Duck Soup closes for 6 months and travels the world picking up cooking techniques and new ideas for dishes. This year we went back and I couldn't have been happier. I enjoyed mini lamp chops for an appetizer, parsnip and coconut soup (must figure out how to make this), linguine with kale, almonds, mushrooms, and CHEESE, and for desert, raspberry cobbler. Still full. 

I love this trip we take every year, it's a mini vacation on a Thursday. The San Juans are beautiful....today we even saw a whale on the ferry (camera did not make it out in time).



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment